13 February, 2012

Thomas Vermaelen frustration So Left Defender

Arsenal left-back crisis this time, so that Thomas Vermaelen is often shifted to the left. Vermalen also expressed his frustration was placed as a left back, and admitted to feeling unable to perform optimally with the position.

Vermaelen showed an impressive performance as a central defender for some time. But injuries to several players at left-back makes it slide into position. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger chose Laurent Koscielny and as a central defender Per Mertesacker.

"I do not feel comfortable being left back. I feel good playing there. I want to achieve the highest level, and it is difficult to do when you are on the left, "said 26-year-old told The People.

"I played there to help the team, but did not give me satisfaction, because I could not achieve the gold standard. If the team win, I'm happy. But I still felt frustrated. "

Vermaelen also expressed his disappointment was removed as captain of the Belgian team, which now carried the Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany.

"I'm not happy about it. I feel proud to wear the armband, "said Vermaelen.

Thomas Vermaelen of Arsenal Defender

Thomas Vermaelen of Arsenal Defender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...